Thursday, May 25, 2006

Coffee > 42

I’ve had a pretty hard group of exams today and I after some hard work I can proudly say: 33 done, 5 to go. They say we learn things for life at universities. They say we get important lessons on our journey to adulthood. Some might even claim we are irrevocably shaped as individuals, as the representation of new ideas and the connection we all share with our field of study reflects on our personality. Let me tell you what I say! When it gets really hard, and the date of the exam gets closer and closer, just add more coffee. It works. It has a very nice metaphysical feature which allows for prolongation of hours in a day, without loosing consciousness. It looks directly in the face of the laws of physics with a wild grin and says: Not my problem! On top of that, it tastes wonderful, just pick the right brand.
OK, I’m an addict. I’m past denial. Still, I like being an addict. Not all addictions are bad, and a cup of coffee or two a day won’t kill me, but sure will make my days sweeter. It’s a habit, a habit that probably reflects on the fact that I will statistically certainly die 37 days, 5 hours and 3 minutes sooner. But what point is there in living, if we don’t indulge ourselves in a bad habit here and there?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see right through you. You're so much in denial! You explain your identitiy crisis (having established yourself as the Dumbledore of administration law, which is the inferior of the law disciplines) with the help of the addiction. But I say: no, it's not coffee, it's you! *evil grin*
Congratulations, again!

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree a 100% with you that a good cup of coffee is definitely worth those 37 days and change.

I once heard a great comparison of men and coffee, that is at least 2/3 correct:
Men are like coffee – the best are rich, warm and keep you up all nigh :)

Congratulations, I guess you're now only 5 exams away from once again being great coffee company :)

p.s. Trust Simon to have a Harry Potter comparison

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure you might die those days earlier.

But you make up so much more of that time by not walking around like a Zombie when not on caffeine.

I know I need my daily dose to survive the day...

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home